The Arts are central to a flourishing Northern Ireland and should be enshrined in an all-party agreed statement of value, recognising the centrality of the arts to Northern Ireland, its people and its future.
We are asking you to support our belief that:
- The arts are fundamental to our quality of life – they make important contributions to improving the learning, health, well-being and confidence of our communities.
- The arts are a powerful force for renewal, regeneration, economic development and sustainability.
- The arts help us address the unique set of demographic and post-conflict challenges that prevail in Northern Ireland.
- The arts are crucial in the development of a skilled and imaginative population.
- Artistic expression is an individual right and supports a better understanding of our own and others’ identities.
- Arts are crucial for children and young people’s development and education.
- The arts encourage understanding, value and enjoyment of our environment.
- The arts raise the profile of Northern Ireland at home and abroad, connecting Northern Ireland to the world.
Purpose of Statement
- Forms the basis of a debate about the value of the arts.
- Gives people, politicians and organisations a clear sense of what we value.
- Gives people, politicians and organisations something to support/sign up to.
- Gives a clear sense of how the arts are central to all aspects of individual, Social and economic development.
What we will do with it
- Post it on the website.
- Ask supporters to endorse it.
- Ask supporters to get others to endorse it.